Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of PLT – RF Systems Payload and Technologies.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
- Contribute to the design, development and performance evaluation of RF equipment and technologies applicable to space and ground segments.
- Provide expert technical support to ESA projects and programmes.
- Development of test beds and characterization of RF Equipment/Payloads, such as:
- Time & frequency equipment e.g. clocks, oscillators, control units, frequency converters;
- RF active equipment e.g. high power amplifier, low noise amplifier, MMICs, Transmit/Receive modules;
- RF passive equipment e.g. filters, switches, ferrite devices;
- RF Payloads for GNSS, Telecom, EO or Science applications;
- Microwave and mm-wave test beds;
- Life- and TVAC test beds.
- Development of software (e.g. Lab View) for automated testing, control and monitoring of RF performance.
- Contribute to the generation of innovative ideas in the field of RF equipment and technologies and to the definition of ESA R&D programmes.
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for the tasks to be performed by industry from early conceptual studies to full hardware development.
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools.
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master or PhD in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication
- Good background on development of RF equipment and technologies for space applications.
- Several years of experience in the field of testing of RF equipment and RF payloads for space applications.
- Project skills and management of R&D contracts.
- Proactive attitude to solving problems; Good organisational skills.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
- NOTE: Candidates with less than 10 years experience shall provide the relevant academic transcripts in order to give a more complete candidate profile at the selection stage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 30 November 2020, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-EDP-658 as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 3 December 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!