Job ID: EOP-187
Deadline: 14 February 2023
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of EOP- Engineering Support to Earth Observation.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The following activities will be performed within the execution of this Work Package:
- Technical management of existing and new multiplatform software developments within the EOP-PE Division, in coordination with the Head of EOP System Analysis and of Ground System offices. The main existing SW projects consists of multi platform graphic/GUI, CLI application and SW libraries(details can be found at http://eop-cfi.esa.int), mission SW CFI, DFDL4S library, openSF, S2G Data Viewer, etc.
The duties comprise of the following sub activities:
- Gathering and defining requirement from internal and external users.
- Preparation of Statement of Work and Requirement Documents as inputto procurement process.
- Reviewing of technical and management part of SW development proposals.
- Configuration Management at ESTEC for the delivered SW.
- Management/administration/maintenance of the anomaly tracking system (Mantis), the CM (Git) and the CI system (Jenkins).
- Administration of anomalies/SPR at ESTEC.
- Providing first line help-desk functions to SW users.
- Investigation of anomalies.
- Participation in Anomaly Review Boards.
- Review of Contractors’ acceptance Test Plan and Procedures.
- Review of deliverable documentation (SUM, Develop. Manual, ICD, etc).
- Definition and execution of independent Validation Tests at ESTEC.
- Software Packaging and for delivery to external entities and drafting of Release Notes.
- Administration/maintenance of the SW delivery web pages of the division.
- Participation to SW Acceptance.
- Research and advise the H/GS Office as well as the H/System Analysis Office on latest state-of-the-art SW development technologies, libraries, frameworks as well as on SW architecture and design.
- Support System and Mission Analysis tasks required by EO Projects.
- Design, code, test and run Software multiplatform tools for these activities.
- Document these activities to Projects.
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written).
- Master degree in Engineering .
- Extremely solid experience relevant to the task description in particular with the SW skills related to multi language (C, C++, Java, Python) and multi platform (LINUS, OSX, Windows) development and related development tools/environments;
- Knowledge of main graphical frameworks (e.g. Eclipse RCP, QT) as well as of virtualisation and containerisation techniques( Docker, VM, Singularity).
- Experience with the EO application domains (processors, mission planning, E2E simulators) and with ESA SW procurement process is considered an asset.
- Capability and willingness to understand specific EO algorithms (orbital mechanics or data processing) as needed.
- Ability to work autonomously and with rigor within the boundaries of assigned tasks and stringent schedule, and oversee Contractor’s activity accordingly.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assists with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 14 February 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting EOP-187 (RT-C/EOP-B/00187) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 16 February 2023, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!