Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of FAM – Facility Management.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Under the direct authority of the Head of the ESTEC Facility Management (FM) Infrastructure Section, the post holder shall be responsible for the coordination of FM general purpose infrastructure projects, including the following activities:
- Preparation of programme of requirements for the initiation of projects, of project initiation documents and project plans including forecast about budget and manpower resource needs, of statements of works and technical description, of feasibility studies and business cases, and the request and delivery of the necessary permits.
- Preparation and active support to the ESA Technical Officer in the procurement of general purpose infrastructure activities including the preparation of tender documents including technical specifications.
- Participation in tender evaluation boards, the review of tender offers, the negotiation and selection of contractors for the execution of the activities.
- Reviewing conceptual studies, technical experts’ inputs and/or engineering studies (e.g. concept designs, preliminary designs, technical notes, …) related to general purpose infrastructure projects or related to the execution of preventive and corrective maintenance activities which are outsourced to an external company.
- Ensuring the proper coordination and execution of general purpose infrastructure project activities by outsourced contractors, including the monitoring of all related activities, the compliance to the applicable norms and legislations, the compliance to the project requirements and schedule, the organisation and reporting of project reviews, the control of the performance of the contractors, the maintenance of a project library and documentation, the follow- up/coordination of changes to the project scope, and the review of payments.
- Coordinating the commissioning and acceptance of the works upon project delivery, preparing the close-out of the projects, including the follow up of eventual non-conformance items, preparing acceptance certificates, reviewing and archiving ‘as-built’ documentation.
- The post holder could be led to temporarily take over the coordination of activities of another project coordinator, during his/her absence. The post holder shall therefore be capable to understand and follow the activities carried out by the pool of project coordinators within the section.
Specific qualification requirements
- A Master’s Degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering or in Mechanical Facilities Engineering or in Electrical Engineering.
- Substantial experience (minimum 4 years).
- A proven capability in building construction and/or building maintenance or in the coordination of Facility Management projects.
- Sound analytical skills e.g. be able to analyse any technical issue or infrastructure installation and create a clear and detailed technical report for root cause analysis, improvement or repair.
- As much hand-on technical as procedure thinking skills, and the ability to work autonomously as well as with a team.
- An experience of ESA tender rules & procedures and of international procurement methodology would be an asset.
- Good planning and organisational skills, team spirit and ability to work in an international environment.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these two languages is required together with a working knowledge of the other language.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class: E3.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 2 December 2019 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to; Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com quoting reference FAM-131.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before submitting them by 4 December 2019, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!