Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to the Facility Management Infrastructure Section .
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The multidisciplinary project coordinator set up projects involving mainly electrical, mechanical and civil fields of expertise. He/she first proceeds to the procurement according to the ESA procedures and rules and the main tasks as Project Coordinator will consist in:
- Preparation of technical description of the work to be performed in coordination with the facilities users (offices, laboratories, and/or Test Centre).
- Launching the procurement process via tender or purchase in collaboration with the Procurement Department of ESA.
- Support to evaluation of the bids and negotiation with the recommended contractor.
- The project coordinator shall the be responsible for the implementation phase:
- Organisation, monitoring and follow-up of the work.
- Cost control of the projects according to ESA budgets.
- Delivery of the project according to ESA Acceptance Procedures.
- He/she provides ESA/ESTEC with warnings of serious deviations or variations that may compromise project results.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master level degree in engineering or architecture.
- Proven record in ensuring project cost control.
- Good knowledge of ESTEC Site and Infrastructure needed to perform activities in satellite tests and laboratories, and a good planning and organisational skills, team spirit and ability to work in an international environment.
- Ability to work with the following software packages: MicroSoft XP operating system, CIFM based on Archibus software, MS Word, Access, Excel and Projects, Lotus Notes.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and a talent for negotiating and problem solving. They must have proven ability to work effectively to meet deadlines under demanding circumstances in an environment of diverse cultures.
- Experience of ESA tender rules & procedures and international procurement technology would be an asset.
- Required languages: English, in both written and oral forms; Knowledge of Dutch is an asset for the position.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class: E3.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 32 per week (0,80 FTE). There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 7 July 2017 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone, at email email@example.com quoting reference FAM-41.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting their detailed technical proposal and candidates to ESA by 12 July 2017, 13:00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!