Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of AOL – Automation Optics and Life Sciences Support.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Specific Tasks include:
- Support of Sentinel-4 at 40% level and upcoming Sentinel-7 (Carbonsat-type mission), Sentinel-8 (Thermal IR mission) and Sentinel-10 (Hyperspectral mission) Phase A/B1 studies (planned parallel studies in each case).
- Running of detector technology development activities “Large Format SWIR detector” and a number of detector pre-development activities funded by EOEP.
- Support to technology developments in the field of quantum key distribution.
Specific qualification requirements
- University Master/PhD degree in space engineering with focus on Photonics or Optics.
- Background in detector and quantum technologies.
- Experience in the design, development and testing of opto-electronic systems and components.
- Good system experience in the use and application of fibre-optic components and sensors in spacecraft engineering.
- Experience with high-power pulsed laser systems, complex optical set-ups and vacuum systems.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 11 October 2017 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone, at email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TEC-AOL-399 (RT-C/TEC-MME/00399).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 16 October 2017, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!