Job ID: TEC-PAE-997
Deadline: 09 February 2024
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-PAE Product Assurance And Safety Engineering. Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Support the ESA PA & Safety Manager for designated project(s) in conducting, monitoring & assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme. This includes support to any or all of the following activities:
- Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.
- Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed) and conclusions/recommendations.
- Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / SPR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items. Produce monthly reports of ESA UNCLASSIFIED for official use monitoring activities performed (e.g. inspections, checks, visits, reviews), including conclusions and recommendations.
- Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions; Produce monthly reports with assessment activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), contribution to design and safety reviews, and activities related to preventive/corrective action.
- Participating in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.; Produce reports of participation to boards, indicating the contribution made to these boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants, minutes of meeting, action follow up, close-out).
- Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports on guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable requirements.
- Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections; Produce report on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations.
- Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of Acceptance Reviews.
- Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines.
- Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper non-conformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed.
- PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities.
- The launch campaign.
- Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting and whenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper close-out.
- Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews. Produce reports on all review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), conclusions and recommendations.
- Reporting project PA status (deviations from plan / schedule of all of above).
In addition to the above activities:
- Support the ESA’s Project Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Manager in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme.
- Participate to manufacturing, integration and test activities, e.g. manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points (MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), test review boards (TRBs).
- Support the Risk Management and Configuration Management processes within the ESA Project Team, including the disposition of Request for Deviations and Request for Waivers (RFDs & RFWs).
- Support the PA&S Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance identification and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances.
- Assist the PA&S Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Boards – DRBs).
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and reporting on project PA status.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline is required.
- Proficiency in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of other Member States’ languages is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- All employees receive good remuneration in line with function and experience.
- When autonomous then teleworking can often be utilised.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week.
- There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora contributes 15,4% of pensionable salary to a company pension scheme and employees can optionally make additional contributions.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 09 February 2024, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PAE-997 (RT-C/TEC-QQM/00997 ) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 14 February 2024, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!
To apply for this job please visit forms.monday.com.