Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora is looking for support in the ESA domain of PAE – Product Assurance & Safety Engineering in the TEC Directorate.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
- Support the MetOp-SG Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Manager in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme for the MetOp-SG Programme.
- Assist the PA&S Manager to ensure that all formally delivered items within the MetOp-SG supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (e.g. Delivery Review Boards – DRBs).
- Support the MetOp-SG Satellite and Instrument Prime contractors in managing and reviewing the integration and test activities using manufacturing and/or Intergration Readiness Reviews (I/MRRs), Mandatory Inspection Points (MIPs), Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), Post-Test Reviews (PTRs) Test Review Boards (TRBs) and, where requested by the MetOp-SG project, quality assurance audits.
- Support the PA&S Manager in the effective implementation and execution of the non-conformance management process for the project both with industry under MetOp-SG contract and partner agencies & programmes (Eumetsat, DLR, CNES and ESA Copernicus).
- Support Risk Management (e.g. administrate the Risk Register) and Configuration Management (e.g. CCB) within the MetOp-SG Project Team, including the disposition of Deviations and Waivers (RFDs & RFWs).
- Together with the Satellite Prime and the Instrument Primes, review ESA Alerts for potential impact to MetOp-SG and, internally, the ESA IPNs (Internal Problem Notifications), ensuring they are formally addressed and closed-out.
- Supporting Long-Term Storage (LTS) requirement definition and implementation for the MetOp-SG follow-on FM Satellites.
- Produce reports covering review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings when needed, and reporting on project PA status.
- Deputising for MetOp-SG Programme PA Manager as required.
- Support the MetOp-SG PA Manager with the satellite launch campaign(s) – location is TBC.
- Support the post-launch anomaly investigation process and the implementation of any & all associated recommendations.
- Extensive travel within Europe is required.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the space sector, including 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 03 October 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PAE-873 (RT-C/TEC-QQM/00873) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 05 October 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!