Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora is looking for support in the ESA domain of PAE – Product Assurance & Safety Engineering in the TEC Directorate.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
- Support the Copernicus missions Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Managers in all activities related to the execution of the Product Assurance Programme.
- Participation to the manufacturing, integration and test activities, e.g. manufacturing readiness reviews (MRR), mandatory inspection points (MIPs), test readiness reviews (TRRs), test review boards (TRBs).
- Support the Risk Management and Configuration Management processes within the ESA Project Team, including the disposition of Request for Deviations and Request for Waivers (RFDs & RFWs).
- Support the Copernicus PA&S Manager to ensure the effective implementation and execution of the non conformance identification and reporting mechanisms within the contractor supply chain and confirm the correct and formal closure of non-conformances.
- Assist the Copernicus PA&S Manager in ensuring that all formally delivered items within the Project supply chain conform with requirements using formal acceptance reviews (Delivery Review Boards – DRBs).
- Produce reports on project and review activities, including conclusions and recommendations where necessary, participate in progress meetings, when needed and reporting on Copernicus PA status.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master’s degree in engineering discipline is required.
- Minimum of 10 years experience Product and Quality Assurance in the space sector.
- Proven record of Product and Quality Assurance activities for spacecraft units.
- Experience with test campaign at spacecraft level is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment Problem solving mind
set and high capacity to deliver are highly considered.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- Relevant experience in PA & Safety management in the space domain.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
- Extensive travel within Europe is required.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 08 February 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PAE-919 as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 10 February 2023, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!