Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of AOL – Automation Optics and Life Sciences Support.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Overview of tasks
The incumbent will work in the Life support and Physical Sciences Instrumentation Section in ESA-ESTEC. The main focus of our work is sustainable life support technologies, In Situ Resource Utilisation and small payload development for manned and unmanned spaceflight.
The incumbent will:
- Assistance in the provision of engineering support to ESA projects throughout the life cycle.
- Provision of support in detailed technical specifications of planned R&D activities.
- Assistance in technical evaluation of technical developments and as well of project designs and implementations.
- Planning, setting up of test activities in the laboratory.
- Support to testing for exploration and microgravity payloads.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master’s degree in Physics and/or aerospace engineering with at least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Relevant experience in space related instrumentation, including MAIT and PA.
- Experience in planetary instrumentation is an asset.
- Good knowledge of software and electronics is an asset.
- Good interpersonal communication skills, team oriented.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory, knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing. University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 27 June 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-AOL-838 (RT-C/TEC-MMG/00838) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 29 June 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!