Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora is looking for a Programme/Project Controller to support in the domain of Business Management, Controlling & Administration.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The post holder will contribute to the smooth operations of the TEC Directorate and to the efficient management of its resources and technical infrastructure. In particular, the post holder will be assigned to the Programme and Project Control Service and will provide support for the project control activities for the different projects under the responsibility of the Systems Department in TEC.
Post holder may also be asked to provide general assistance in the field of resources and activities controlling under the responsibility of the department.
Typical Project Control include the following:
- Preparing, maintaining and reporting on the overall programmatic aspects (cost, finance, schedule, industrial return, risk, forward looking estimates and progress control as well as general project administration) of the projects/missions, utilising established procedures and information systems.
- Cost At Completion (covering financial aspects of space segment, payload, launch, ground segment, LEOP and Agency manpower and provided services).
- Cost Plans & budget preparation covering industrial and operating including workforce related costs.
- Financial status of industrial contracts including payment plans and internal costs, including overheads, for compliance with budgetary provisions and financial regulations.
- Industrial geographical return monitoring and forecast.
- For the above, active monitoring is expected, identifying and reporting trends, deviations to plans, potential problem areas and proposing remedial actions in coordination with the project manager(s).
- Supporting Project Manager(s) in preparing, administrating and monitoring of Project procurement actions (Contracts, Purchase Orders, etc…)
- Supporting Project Manager(s) in Contract/Change negotiations and Change Control/Review Boards; contributing to the preparation of contract change documents.
- Maintaining historical project databases and Project Plan Annexes.
- Interfacing with Industry counter-part on all financial and administrative matters of industrial contract(s) to ensure their compliance with established formal requirements.
- Supporting the Head of Office in executing the office’s duties, including participation in the definition and improvement of the project control procedures, computerized information and controlling systems.
- Support Asset Manager in the accounting of ESA assets.
- Assist in the preparation of project(s) audits.
Specific qualification requirements
- A University degree (MSc) from a recognised Institution of secondary studies.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the Administration and Control of large projects, preferably in an engineering driven organization.
- Previous experience of several years as project controller is desirable.
- Experience in the use of planning and project control tools, and in budget and accounting software and databases.
- Previous experience with relevant Agency’s corporate applications and/or TEC IT Tools would be a distinctive advantage.
- Experience with ESA systems (e.g. esa-p) is an asset.
- Previous experience working with SAP would be an asset.
- Ability to readily assimilate and coordinate input data and providing timely output. Reliability, rigor and initiative in the execution of the assigned tasks.
- Candidate isexpected to be result oriented and have to demonstrate excellent planning and organization skills, attention to detail and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Possess good judgment, integrity and excellent communications skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel is expected.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered apply for this Position
Prior to 27 October 2020, please apply via our Job Application form quoting BMC-TEC-645as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 30 October 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!