Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of BMC – Business Management, Controlling & Administration.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The contractor will contribute to the smooth operations of the Directorate and to the efficient management of its resources and technical infrastructure, with particular emphasis on the control and administrative support functions necessary to execute activities and Programmes under the remit of the Technology Programme Office. The post holder will be assigned to the Programme and Project Control Service under the direct responsibility of the Business Control and Administration Manager (BCAM) supporting the Technology Programme Office, with
the following specific tasks:
- Proper cost and commitment planning, with regular reporting and related mid-term reviews to facilitate the timely initiation of the agreed work / procurement plans Monitoring the execution of activities flagging deviations and reporting on the main causes.
- Coordinating internal resources and activities.
- Interfacing with line management and stakeholders.
- Performing analysis and preparing reports (including drill down reporting, statistical analysis and trend analysis) and presentation material as necessary.
- Contribute to the preparation of management and coordination meetings and support them on an ad/hoc basis.
- Ensure all processes documentation is in place and up to date and provide the necessary support and training to colleagues and newcomers.
- Collaborate in the continuous improvement of the existing processes, methods and tools.
Specific qualification requirements
- Applicants should have a Master’s degree in business administration/ commercial field and a solid working background in the disciplines related to the tasks described.
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and reporting skills, a proactive attitude to solving problems and a solid proficiency in IT tools.
- Ability to manage large and complex data sets and to synthesize information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment.
- Previous experience on supporting the management of Technology.
- Programmes as well as on Agency’s practices and processes would be a distinct advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 16 August 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting BMC-TEC-851 as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 19 August 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!.