Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA.
The work will be performed on-site at ESTEC within the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality (TEC).
The work includes evaluation, design and analysis of ground and user segments’ technology for radio navigation and earth observation systems.
The principal tasks and responsibilities will include:
- As main task, support to the monitoring of industrial contracts for the development of professional and commercial ground/user products for radio navigation and earth observation through ESA’s co-funded R&D programs (e.g. GSTP Element 2, NAVISP and Incubed);
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO), R&D and Testing activities in the fields of system and mainly receivers’ performances for sensor stations and user receivers;
- Support to earth observation projects mainly for the ground technology;
- Support to TEC Navigation Laboratory for the design, implementation and operation of complex testing setups.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (Msc) or PhD in telecommunications, electronic engineering, aerospace engineering or computer science.
- Relevant work experience in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, including direct experience on GNSS and Earth Observation;
- Proven knowledge of project management techniques, system engineering processes, system development lifecycle (e.g. V model), project execution and follow up;
- Specific knowledge on products and services using space borne earth observation in the ground and user segments;
- Specific knowledge on Satellite Radio Navigation Systems, ranging and positioning techniques and technologies, including architectures of multi-GNSS receivers, high accuracy positioning (RTK, PPP) and robust positioning, navigation and timing;
- Experience in the implementation, maintenance and operation of
complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
- The following competencies would be considered an asset:
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience on processing and testing techniques for multi-element antennas (beamforming, antenna calibration);
- Experience in the field of autonomous vehicles, in particular related to positioning and testing techniques and safety standards;
- Knowledge on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and their applications to radio navigation and/or earth observation.
- Eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in English.
- NOTE: Candidates with less than 10 years experience shall provide the relevant academic transcripts in order to give a more complete candidate profile at the selection stage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain security clearance by their national security administration. Being already in possession of
security clearance will be considered an asset for the selection.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 25 January 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PLT-671 (RT-C/TEC-ESG/00671) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 29 January 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!