Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA.
The work will be performed on-site at ESTEC within the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality (TEC) in the Radio Navigation Systems & Technology Section.
The duties of this post will include:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of system and receivers performances in a hybrid PNT framework (GNSS algorithms at signal and position level, dead-reckoning motion sensors such as INS, vision-based INS, alternative PNT systems, use of signals from cellular network, etc.)
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis, in particular for what concerns system performances and receiver algorithms (signal processing, advanced hybrid PNT algorithms, situational awareness and mitigation of local impairments) for improved availability, reliability and resilience.
- Participation to the activities supporting standardisation and technical working groups addressing the aforementioned topics;
- Design, definition and follow up of industrial contracts related to the aforementioned topics, including R&D activities and./or procurement of GNSS testbeds and receivers for infrastructure or user technologies/ user segments.
- Support design, implementation, maintenance and operation of Radio Navigation equipment, complex Radio Navigation simulation tools and test facilities for testing features (end-to-end performances, receivers, etc.) in the aforementioned activities.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (Msc) in the fields of Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering.
- Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment.
- Background and experience (including hands-on tests and field trials) in several of the following fields: GNSS and associated user technologies, non-GNSS positioning systems (e.g. alternative PNT, 5G, etc.) and associated user technologies; advanced signal processing and estimation algorithms applied to PNT (for instance including but not limited to some of the following: MIMO signal processing, kalman filter, particle filter, artificial intelligence and machine learning for sensor fusion).
- Experience in system design and user equipment technologies for secure wireless systems is considered an asset.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in English.
For candidates with less than 10 years experience, the relevant academic transcripts shall be provided.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants must be eligible to obtain security clearance by their national security administration. Being already in possession of
security clearance will be considered an asset for the selection.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 29 May 2020 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to; Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TEC-PLT-606 (RT-C/TEC-ESN/00606).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before submitting them by 2 June 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!