Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of PLT – RF Systems Payload and Technologies.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The candidate will be assigned to the Payload Engineering section (TEC-EFP) with the role of “RF Payloads Engineer” and will work in one or more of the following domains.
- RF Navigation Payloads
- RF and Microwave Remote Sensing Instruments for Earth Observation.
- RF Satellite Communication Payloads
The candidate will:
- Contribute to internal R&D activities for the design, modelling, architectural trade-off and performance assessment of advanced RF telecommunication and/or navigation payloads, with main emphasis on payloads based on digital signal processing and active antennas, and RF instruments for earth observation (Synthetic Aperture Radars, Altimeters, Scatterometers, Radiometers).
- Perform technical management of R&D activities with industry/institutions in the field of advanced payload concepts and sub systems/equipment development.
- Provide RF payload technical support to ESA projects and programmes.
- Contribute to the generation and promotion of innovative ideas for future satellite missions in the field of RF payloads, including the definition of ESA R&D programmes.
- Define technical requirements and statements of work for R&D activities to be performed by industry, from early conceptual studies to full hardware development.
- Carry out computer simulations at system/subsystem level for the assessment of end-to-end payload and instrument performance.
- Contribute to the development/usage of section related laboratory facilities and analysis/simulation tools.
- Maintain state-of-the-art expertise by monitoring the RF/Microwave systems technological trends and applying them in the day-to-day tasks.
Specific qualification requirements
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Master or PhD in Electrical, Electronics or Telecommunication engineering.
- Good background and several years of working experience on design, development and testing of Radio Frequency Payloads in the domain of Navigation and/or Earth observation and/or Telecommunications.
Knowledge and Experience on the following topics are considered an asset:
- Radio frequency and microwave payloads technologies based on active phased array antennas.
- Transmit/Receive Modules for microwave payloads.
- Digital signal processing units, and experience on payloads based on digital signal processing.
- End-to-end payload performance and signal quality analysis.
- State-of-the-art RF analogue and (high-speed) digital signal processing techniques and technologies.
- Software and simulation tools and programming (Matlab/Simulink, ADS/VSS, C/C++, Python).
- Extensive experience in the domain of telecom, navigation or RT Remote Sensing satellite payload and instruments, covering both R&D and flight hardware procurement activities.
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming languages, computer simulation tools and signal processing.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
- NOTE: Candidates with less than 10 years experience shall provide the relevant academic transcripts in order to give a more complete candidate profile at the selection stage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 07 October 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PLT-755 as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 12 October 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!