ESA Best in Domain 2020
Aurora is an established Service Supplier to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC, with over 25 years of supporting the Agency.
This position is to support ESA in the domain of Science and Operations within the IT Unit onsite at ESAC, where Aurora have been recognized as the Best provider (Best in Domain awarded to Aurora by ESA).
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
As part of the Science and operations IT Unit (SITU) you will be the Administrator in the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) team.
The I&O sub-unit provides IT services, solutions and consultancy in scientific and operations IT infrastructure and cybersecurity across the department. I&O also designs, operates, maintains and evolves this scientific and operations IT infrastructure. Infrastructure main areas are:
- Science data storage, preservation and distribution
- Science data processing
- Data Centre & common Science and Operations Department (SCI-S) IT infrastructure
- Science research environments
- Cosmos portal and services IT infrastructure
- IT Security
The team has the following responsibilities:
- Assist in defining IT Infrastructure requirements into solutions.
- Supporting and maintaining Network Attached Storage devices, virtual environments, GRID computing systems and load balancers.
- Support users via the Service Desk
- Ensure good documentation on supporting and enhancing the IT infrastructure.
You will support some of the following IT Infrastructure and Operations activities:
- Managing the Assets of hardware and software licenses in ServiceNow app (local implementation called Scinow) and attaching relevant documentation such as purchase requests / invoices.
- Personnel Arrivals and Departure with respect to IT assets
- Support to general users via tickets in the IT Service Desk.
- Interfacing with the ESA Corporate IT team where required generally concerning users laptops and apps.
- Procurement support to new assets and renewals of licenses and support contracts. This includes tracking through the ESA-p financial app (SAP)
- Assisting the disposal procedures and ensuring assets status is updated.
- Financial tracking via Tableau app. Checking for actuals v expected and unusual high costs.
Specific qualification requirements
- Higher Education.
- Ability to work with client and colleagues with all communications in the English language.
- Experience in a similar role.
- Computer literate used to various apps
- Ability to work autonomously, well structured and organised
- Follow defined procedures and propose improvement to these
Other beneficial assets
- Experience with Service Now app.
- Familiar with Atlassian collaboration products (Confluence, Jira Software).
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in Spain.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the certificate with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed on-site at the ESAC, the European Space Astronomy Centre, at Villafranca del Castillo, near Madrid, Spain. There are options for teleworking but attendance on-site at ESAC should be the norm soon.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in Spain.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- The initial contract is for 7 months to cover for absence.
- Although not strictly required for the current job, a person with good IT skills who could eventually become a technician in the team.
To be considered for this Position
By 7 April 2023, please apply via our Job Application form quoting SCO-11 admin as reference..
Feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!