Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-EDP – Electromagnetics Components Data & Power Systems Engineering, supporting the Microelectronics Section.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The position is for a EEE Component Engineer and involves extensive work to be performed in the ESTEC EEE Component Laboratory. the incumbent will report to the head of the RHA and Component Analysis Section (TEC-QEC).
Main activities are:
- Coordinate the activities of the laboratory including the work of the laboratory team members and ensure a high standard of work and outputs.
- Provide administrative support to lab activities.
- Provide monthly status reports to the Head of the TEC-QEC Section.
- Maintain a database of all laboratories tasks, manpower, equipment, etc.
- Provide inputs on requirements for investments in laboratory equipment, software and computing provisions.
- Provide expertise in the field of EEE components, materials and processes investigations.
- Carry out analyses on EEE components, materials and processes.
- Follow-up on the production of Analysis reports by team members and consistency check for adherence to technical procedure.
- Carry out Failure Analysis tasks and other analysis tasks as required.
- Prepare reports on the analysis tasks as required.
- Support and advice concerning the performance of analysis tasks sub-contracted to external laboratories.
- Provide related technical support on EEE components to ESA projects and other D/TEC divisions in the area EEE components and failure investigation.
- Provide technical input to the formulation, review and maintenance of the technical standards and specifications relating to test methods for component qualification and analysis.
- Support ISO certification activities.
Specific qualification requirements
- PhD or Msc in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related specialization.
- 10+ years of relevant professional work experience in the field of (proficiency in at least 4 out of the 12 categories is required):
- Passive Components
- Discrete Semiconductors for RF
- Discrete Semiconductors for non-RF
- Complex Microcircuits for Digital
- Complex Microcircuits for Analog
- Mixed Signal
- Hybrid Technology
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered apply for this Position
Prior to 25 August 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-EDP-736 (RT-C/TEC-QEC/00736) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 27 August 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!