Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of EOP – Earth Observation. Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Within the Future Missions and Instruments Division, the Mission and System Studies Section is responsible for the end-to-end preparation of EO missions through the appropriate engineering activities, working in close cooperation with other EOP teams. More specifically:
The Contractor will provide system engineering support as EO Mission System Engineer in the field of small satellites for EO application(s), in particular regarding the implementation of missions based on Cubesats and similar small platforms, for the following tasks:
- Support projects related to mission implementation (phase B/C/D/E1) for future F-sat(s) or for commercial/application-oriented EO missions under the ESA InCubed programme.
- Support the system level technology developments in projects under the InCubed programme, for the preparation of future related risk retirement activities for small missions, e.g. Scouts, under maturation.
- Support the definition and monitoring of small missions under preparation through e.g. participation to reviews, assessment of industrial results, evaluation of proposals in reply to Calls, including functional analysis and design, overall system concept, system level budgets, system performance analyses.
- According to needs, the Contractor will also provide system-engineering support as EO Mission System Engineer in the definition and monitoring of activities for the preparation of future ESA EO missions, in particular Earth Explorers missions, Opportunity missions, Scout missions, and Earth Watch missions.
- Provide support work in the area of modelling of system or sub-system aspects and of end-to-end performance simulators and simulations.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (MSc.) or equivalent qualification in Engineering with relevant background and experience in space projects and associated technology developments..
- Good knowledge of CubeSats standard evolution and trend.
- Several years of experience in the implementation of small satellites, ideally in the EO domain, including hands-on experience in manufacturing/procurement and environmental/acceptance tests.
- Experience in preparation (Phases 0 and A) of missions for Earth science and/or commercial/application-oriented EO missions.
- Knowledge of sensing techniques used in EO missions will be an asset.
- Knowledge of Matlab and STK or similar tools will be an asset.
- Proficiency in English (spoken and written).
- Teamwork orientation.
- Good communication and technical writing skills with ability to synthesize.
- Good organisational skills.
- Methodical and proactive, with ability to work autonomously.
- Problem-solving and creativity-oriented attitude, able to develop ideas into feasible concepts.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 16 June 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting EOP-146 as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 18 June 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!