Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC.
Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of Software & Control Systems Engineering (SWC).
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The contractor will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division in the function of on-board software system engineer and will be in charge of the following (initial) tasks:
- Supporting a variety of ESA space missions in the field of real-time embedded software and systems.
- Participating in the full development lifecycle of the mission and on-board software.
- Identifying technical risks and critical areas in the development process while assisting in their resolution.
- Applying the principles of mission & safety critical software development across multiple disciplines.
- Providing expert technical support and consultancy to general studies in the field of real-time embedded software systems, flight software systems development and software validation facilities focused on both simulated environments and hardware in the loop.
Specific qualification requirements
- A University degree (MSc) or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline plus at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in modern software engineering methods and tools.
- Experience in real-time embedded software and Real Time Kernels.
- Experience with software development projects and knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Programming languages: C, Ada, C++ and/or others.
- Micro-processors such as SPARC LEON, ARM, multicore’s etc.
- Communication protocols (Mil-1553, SpaceWire, CAN).
- Software Engineering Standards such as the ECSS-E-ST-40C.
- Knowledge of spacecraft systems would be an advantage.
- Able to function as part of a team because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required.
- Proficient in the English Language (Spoken and Written).
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 16 April 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-SWC-699 (RT-C/TEC-SWF/00699) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 20 April 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!