Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of S-AST- Engineering and Scientific Support to the Future Missions Office and Prodex Office. We are looking for a Support to Prodex – Future Projects System Engineer to support the SCI-FEP – Planetary Exploration and Solar System Missions Section , in the Directorate of Science (D/SCI).
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Providing inputs to and support to the definition of the programme of work for the development of the PRODEX experiments within the scientific institutes, in line with the instructions received from the PRODEX management.
This task will include:
- Supporting the review of the experiment proposals, the preparation, the implementation and the monitoring of the research agreements between the Institutes and the PRODEX Office.
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of industrial contracts.
- Providing inputs to the preparation of Tender Documents, participating in proposal evaluations, prepare inputs to subsequent contract negotiations, monitor the end-to-end development of the activities contracted to the industrial consortia.
- Supporting the monitoring of the technical, schedule and financial status of the developments assigned to her/him, identifying potential problem areas and recommend solutions.
- Liaising between scientific institutes and industry when contracts are running.
- Interfacing internally with the ESA project teams or specialists of technical/programmatic matters and with the ESA-ESTEC administration regarding the financial and contractual matters.
- Providing Management and Programmatic inputs to the PRODEX Office management as required.
- Preparing / providing inputs to reports as required.
Specific qualification requirements
- Masters Degree in physics or space engineering or related fields, with a demonstrated experience in space instrumentation development, including system engineering.
- Notions of project management are mandatory and knowledge of project control principles an asset.
- A demonstrated experience in interacting with scientific institutions and industry, coupled with experience in the implementation, design, definition, manufacturing and test of Space Scientific Instruments in one of the domains of the Programme.
- The contractor shall demonstrate the ability to be system-oriented, with a general understanding of the project/problem to solve, and the ability to consult Agency specialists when deeper expertise is needed, and to integrate their inputs into a more global solution.
- The selected contractor must be willing to adapt to the individual and specific management style of each project and partners involved, in order to guarantee a successful development.
- The selected contractor will also have to assist with the administrative tasks of the PRODEX Office and with administrative tasks related to experiment and project implementation.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with a wide range of staff internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a diverse and international team environment, defining and implementing solutions in line with team and individual objectives, as well as project deadlines.
- A very good working knowledge of spoken and written English is essential.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 12 August 2021, please apply via our Job Application form quoting S-AST-186 (RT-S/SCI-FE/00186) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 13 August 2021, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!