ESA Best in Domain 2020
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC, with over 25 years of supporting the Agency.
This position is to support ESA in the domain of Science and Operations within the IT Unit onsite at ESAC, where Aurora have been recognized as the Best provider (Best in Domain awarded to Aurora by ESA).
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
As part of the Science and operations IT Unit (SITU) you will be one of the System Analyst in the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) team.
The I&O sub-unit provides IT services, solutions and consultancy in scientific and operations IT infrastructure and cybersecurity across the department. I&O also designs, operates, maintains and evolves this scientific and operations IT infrastructure. Infrastructure main areas are:
- Science data storage, preservation and distribution
- Science data processing
- Datacentre & common Science and Operations Department (SCI-S) IT infrastructure
- Science research environments
- Cosmos portal and services IT infrastructure
- IT Security
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist in defining IT Infrastructure requirements into solutions.
- Supporting and maintaining Network Attached Storage devices, virtual environments, GRID computing systems and load balancers.
- Support users via the Service Desk
- Ensure good documentation on supporting and enhancing the IT infrastructure.
You will support the following IT Infrastructure and Operations activities:
- IT Storage systems (NetApp OnTap and Dell Isilon)
- IT backup systems and software (Veritas NetBackup, NDMP protocol)
- Network Cisco Nexus
- VMware virtual computing
- Grid Computing
- Operating systems: LINUX (RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, ,…), Mac OS X.
Specific qualification requirements
- Higher Education in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent qualification with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with modern DevOps tools for IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- Experience with automation, provisioning systems and IT configuration management (Puppet , Ansible).
- Experience on delivering block , file and object storage services based on both:
- Dell Isilon – OneFs
- NetApp – OnTap
- Experience with Backup technologies:
- Veritas NetBackup,
- NDMP protocol
- Familiar with scrum/agile methodologies.
- Familiar with Atlassian collaboration products (Confluence, Jira Software).
- Familiar with version control (Git, SVN) and version control tools (Gitlab, Github).
- Knowledge of: Python, Ruby, Bash, PHP, SQL, yaml, json.
- Experience with monitoring tools (Zabbix) to construct and execute network, server, and application status monitoring.
- Used to work with remote clients/colleagues: using service desk for communications.
- Good English.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the ESAC, the European Space Astronomy Centre, at Villafranca del Castillo, near Madrid, Spain. There are options for teleworking but attendance on-site at ESAC should be the norm soon.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in Spain.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 20 May 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting SCO-11 ESAC as reference..
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!