Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of SYS – Systems Technology and Concurrent Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The initial focus of this activity will be in providing Life Cycle Assessment support, so the following main tasks are expected for the first year:
- Support coordination of Eco-design activities and technology development;
- Perform Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) analysis of space missions, such as launchers and satellites, and respective building blocks and technologies;
- Support the implementation of eco-design and LCA at space mission design and technology development level;
- Manage the LCA database specific for space activities and the related tool for CDF use;
- Manage the LCA Handbook for the possible future updates.
General tasks related to the role are:
- Support the organisation and execution of concurrent engineering studies in co-operation with D/TEC technical specialists, project teams and industry.
- Actively participate in CDF studies (e.g. pre-phase A assessment) and activities covering the position of System Engineer and/or Team Leader, thus coordinating design and architecture sessions with specialists of other engineering disciplines.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the CDF infrastructure to support internal studies, including formalisation of design models, i/o parameter definition, visualisation/ presentation.
- Support the total CDF infrastructure and overall integrated modelling to ensure the functionality and performance of the CDF, including documentation, user manuals and databases.
- Organise and lead the development of concurrent engineering tools, mathematical and design models and methods in support of System Engineering and application to all phases of the project life-cycle.
- Promote the use of the CDF to support ESA programmes, industry and external customers.
- Organise and participate in the training of the CDF users.
- Provide System Engineering functional support to ESA projects.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (MSc.) in Engineering (preferably space related).
- Previous experience in Life Cycle Assessment focused in space is required.
- Understanding of the Clean Space activities performed by the Agency would be a distinctive advantage.
- Relevant practical knowledge and experience in mission design, feasibility studies and the related informatics tools.
- Concurrent Engineering applied to space mission assessment and design, system design modelling tools.
- Knowledge and practice in the application of ESA SE Standards (e.g. ECSS-E-10 series) and SW engineering.
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 25 January 2018 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone, at email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TEC-SYS-416.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before submitting them by 30 January 2018, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!