Job ID: TEC-SYS-1004
Deadline 01 March 2024
Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-SYS – Systems Technology And Concurrent Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The postholder will support the section activities in the areas of Systems and Concurrent Engineering (CE).
In particular, the postholder will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
Support to Projects and Programmes
- Providing systems engineering support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and studies, including the areas of concern to Clean Space and Digitalisation and throughout all the project phases.
- Supporting project reviews and evaluation of proposals; developing and promoting digitalisation of systems engineering, model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and infusing them into projects.
- Developing and promoting Clean Space considerations and infusing them into projects.
Concurrent Engineering Activities in CDF
- Participating in feasibility studies conducted in the CDF, in the role of Systems Engineer and/or Team Leader.
- Developing and improving tools and methods for systems and concurrent engineering.
- Proposing, developing and encouraging new applications of the concurrent engineering approach, fostering multidisciplinary activities with an emphasis on innovative concepts, cutting-edge technologies and systems architectures.
R&D and Technology Development
- Contributing to the formulation and implementation of the ESA technology strategy, supporting the definition of work plans for R&D ensuring the promotion, coordination, follow-up and selection of technology activities.
- Defining, initiating and managing R&D activities as Technical Officer within the ESA’s technology programmes, covering both long- and short-term needs.
- Monitoring scientific and technological trends for systems and concurrent engineering and maintaining the corresponding state-of-the-art expertise.
- Contributing to the improvement of standardisation in systems and concurrent engineering, via ESA internal processes, lessons learned and liaising to ECSS.
- Contributing to promote systems and concurrent engineering across the Agency and to its partners.
- Contributing to the capture and dissemination of knowledge and lessons learned across the Agency.
Duties may also include supporting other activities requiring systems engineering skills.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master degree or equivalent qualification in engineering or physics.
- Proficient in the English language (spoken and written, knowledge of other languages is an asset).
- Solid background in spacecraft systems and space mission architecture design.
- Experience in systems engineering, mission analysis and design, design methodologies and system modelling.
- Experience in Concurrent engineering processes and related IT tools/infrastructure and application to mission feasibility studies.
- Experience with Space project life-cycle, including mission/system conceptual design and trade-offs, requirements management, reviews, verification engineering.
- Background and Knowledge on the Clean Space Domains of expertise, with focus on the End-of-Life management (e.g. zero debris approach, de-orbiting technologies, design for demise, etc. ), In-Orbit Servicing and EcoDesign (e.g. Life Cycle Assessment).
- Knowledge of Model Based System Engineering methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of the procurement process for technology developments (statements of work, proposal evaluation, management of industrial activities, including interfaces with industry, negotiations, reviews, etc).
- Knowledge of Space Engineering Standards.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes 15,4% of pensionable salary to a company pension scheme and employees can optionally make additional contributions.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 01 March 2024, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-SYS-1004 (RT-C/TEC-SYE/01004) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 05 March 2024, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends
To apply for this job please visit forms.monday.com.