Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-SYS – Systems Technology And Concurrent Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Provide support to the section activities in the areas of systems and concurrent engineering (CE). In particular, the postholder will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
Support to Projects and Programmes
- providing systems engineering support and consultancy to ESA projects, programmes and studies, throughout all the project phases;
- supporting project reviews and evaluation of proposals;
- developing and promoting digitalisation of systems engineering, model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and infusing them into projects.
Concurrent Engineering Activities in CDF
- participating in feasibility studies conducted in the CDF, in the role of Systems Engineer and/or Team Leader;
- developing and improving tools and methods for systems and concurrent engineering;
- proposing, developing and encouraging new applications of the concurrent engineering approach, fostering multidisciplinary activities with an emphasis on innovative concepts, cutting-edge technologies and
R&D and Technology Development
- contributing to the formulation and implementation of the ESA technology strategy, supporting the definition of work plans for R&D;
- ensuring the promotion, coordination, follow-up and selection of technology activities;
- defining, initiating and managing R&D activities within the ESA’s technology programmes, covering both long- and short-term needs;
- monitoring scientific and technological trends for systems and concurrent engineering and maintaining the corresponding state-of-the-art expertise;
- contributing to the improvement of standardisation in systems and concurrent engineering, via ESA internal processes, lessons learned and liaising to ECSS;
- contributing to promote systems and concurrent engineering across the Agency and to its partners;
- contributing to the capture and dissemination of knowledge and lessons learned across the Agency;
Duties may also include supporting other activities requiring systems engineering skills.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master degree (MSc) or equivalent qualification in engineering or physics
- Solid background in spacecraft systems and space mission architecture design
- Experience in systems engineering, mission analysis and design, design methodologies and system modelling
- Experience in Concurrent engineering processes and related IT tools/infrastructure and application to mission feasibility studies
- Experience with Space project life-cycle, including mission/system conceptual design and trade-offs, requirements management, reviews, verification engineering
- Knowlegde of Model Based System Engineering methodologies and tools
- Knowledge of the procurement process for technology developments (statements of work, proposal evaluation, management of industrial activities, including interfaces with industry, negotiations, reviews, etc)
- Knowledge of Space Engineering Standards
- Ability to work independently and to establish good working relations with ESA is essential.
- Proficient in the English Language (Spoken and Written).
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 28 November 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-SYS-902 (RT-C/TEC-SYE/00902) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 01 December 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!