Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of S-AST – Engineering and Scientific Support to the Future Missions Office and Prodex Office.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Within the SCI-F Future Missions Department, The PRODEX Office is the Agency structure in charge of implementing the PRODEX Programme.
The PRODEX Office implements experiments and instruments prepared at national level, selected and/or endorsed by ESA in accordance with its own rules and procedures, for ESA missions or for National missions. The PRODEX Office coordinates the experiment development and implementation, awards industrial contracts and implements, manages and monitors the corresponding industrial developments.
System engineering support is provided within the PRODEX Office. The scope of tasks to be provided cover:
- Providing inputs to and support to the definition of the programme of work for the development of the PRODEX experiments within the scientific institutes, in line with the instructions received from the head of the PRODEX Office. This task will include supporting the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the research agreements between the Institutes and the PRODEX Office.
- Assisting in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of industrial contracts. This includes:
- Providing inputs to the preparation of Tender Documents, participating in proposal evaluations, prepare inputs to subsequent contract negotiations, monitor the end-to-end development of the activities contracted to the industrial consortia;
- Monitoring the technical, schedule and financial status of the developments assigned to her/him, identify potential problem areas and recommend solutions.
- Liaising between scientific institutes and industry when contracts are running.
- Interfacing internally with the ESA project teams or specialists on technical/programmatic matters and with the ESA-ESTEC administration regarding the financial and contractual matters.
- Providing Management and Programmatic inputs to the Head of PRODEX Office as required.
- Preparing / providing inputs to reports as required.
Specific qualification requirements
- Academic (MSc.) qualifications in physics or space engineering, with a demonstrated experience in space instrumentation development, including system engineering.
- Notions of project management are mandatory and knowledge of project control principles an asset.
- A demonstrated experience in interacting with scientific institutions and industry, coupled with experience in the design, definition, manufacturing and test of Space Scientific Instruments in one of the domains of the Programme.
- The contractor shall demonstrate the ability to be system-oriented, with a general understanding of the project/problem to solve, and the ability to consult Agency specialists when deeper expertise is needed, and to integrate their inputs into a more global solution.
- The selected contractor must be willing to adapt to the individual and specific management style of each project and partners involved, in order to guarantee a successful development.
- The selected contractor will also have to assist with the administrative tasks of the PRODEX Office and with administrative tasks related to experiment and project implementation.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and cooperate with a wide range of staff internally and externally.
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class: E3
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 30 August 2017 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone, at email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference S-AST-137.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before submitting them by 4 September 2017, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!