Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC-SYS – Directorate of Technology, Engineering & Quality.
The happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Provide support to the Head of the Technical Reliability and Quality Division (TEC-QE), Product Assurance & Safety Department (TEC-Q),
Directorate of Technology, Engineering & Quality (D/TEC):
- Coordination of the manufacturing readiness assessments (adaptation of AS6500) and follow up of associated actions across D/TEC.
- Supporting the European Space Components (ESCC) and European Cooperation for Space Standardization (ECSS) boards.
This includes an operational part i.e. coordinating meetings, preparing agendas and reports and taking minutes as required, as well as monitoring the progress in relation to the action points decided. (e.g. SCSB secretary, COTS SC secretary etc.).
- Act as the point of contact between the Division and managers in the programme directorates: assist in the planning and monitoring of support and programmatic tasks in relation to ECSS/ESCC and EEE sovereignty initiative as well as overall costs and allocation.
- Support and coordinate the Division in input for developing agendas, proof reading, collating and preparing technical and programmatic papers, presentations, reports, taking minutes of meetings and maintaining meeting records and actions.
- Coordination of Inter-Agency cooperation (e.g. NASA/JAXA) in the technical domain of the Division.
- Supporting coordination of meetings with other organizations and Divisional stakeholders. This includes but is not limited the preparation of technical content as required.
Specific Qualification Requirements
- A Master degree in Engineering.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of European Space Components and Standardization processes is preferred.
- Experience in conducting manufacturing related assessment is necessary.
- Experience in Industrial Audit would be considered an asset.
- Experience and background in a relevant Engineering field is considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated experience in networking and communication.
- Strong analytical, reporting and drafting skills and ability to rapidly assimilate and synthesize complex and technical information.
- Familiarity with the programmatic and legal frameworks of ESA’s programmes and internal operations is of advantage.
- Good level of autonomy and organizing skills.
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written).
- Know of other languages is an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 04 July 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-SYS-844 (RT-C/TEC-QE/00844) as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 06 July 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!