Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of PLT – RF Systems Payload and Technologies.
The happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
- Support on TT&C / PDT related topics.
- Participation to the Concurrent Design Facility work including mission analysis.
- Support to studies and analyses of techniques and technologies for Tracking, Telemetry a Command (TT&C) and Payload Data Transmission (PDT) systems, including in particular: modulation, error correction coding, combined (adaptive) modulation/coding, signal synchronisation, digital signal processing, RF/microwave technologies.
- Technical support for the development of TT&C and PDT equipment and subsystems.
- Assessing end-to-end TT&C and PDT systems including system level design, (dynamic) link budget assessment, and data flow analysis including interaction between different link layers and between transponder/transmitter and avionics equipment; assessment of related encryption and authentication functions.
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of TT&C / PDT systems and equipment.
- Generation of technical requirements and statements of work for TT&C/PDT related activities
- Technical support for standardisation activity in the frame of European ECSS and CCSDS.
- Support to ESA projects from early conceptual phase to launch preparation.
Specific Qualification Requirements
- A Master degree / PhD in Telecommunication or Electrical Engineering.
- In addition to the required 4 years relevant work experience, some years of work experience in the field of satellite TT&C and PDT systems.
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming languages, telecommunication standards particularly in the area of TT&C and Telemetry, digital signal processing theory applied to communication systems and simulation tools is required.
- Familiarity with TT&C transponders, Payload Data Transmitters (for Earth Observation) and other spacecraft sub-systems technology design and testing is an asset.
- Knowledge on Authentication and Encryption schemes as applied to TT&C/PDT systems, in addition to cyber security aspects, is also an asset.
- Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 19 January 2022, please apply via our Job Application form quoting TEC-PLT-781 (RT-C/TEC-EST-00781)as reference.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 21 January 2022, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!