Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of TEC PLT – Payload Technologies.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Support the Telecom TT&C Systems & Techn Section (TEC-EST) on the following specific tasks:
- Support on mission analysis and TT&C related issues.
- Participation to the Concurrent Design Facility work.
- Studies and analyses of techniques and technologies for telecommunications systems.
- Technical support for the development of TT&C equipment and subsystems.
- Simulation and testing in laboratory of TT&C systems and equipment.
- Generation of technical requirements and statements of work for TT&C related activities.
- Technical support for standardization activity in the frame of European ECSS and CCSDS.
- Support to ESA projects from early conceptual phase to launch preparation.
Specific qualification requirements
- University degree (MSc. or PhD.) in Telecommunication or Electrical engineering.
- In addition to the required 4 years relevant work experience, the applicant should have some years of work experience in the field of satellite TT&C systems.
- Knowledge of modern computer systems, programming languages, telecommunication standards particularly in the area of TT&C and Telemetry, digital signal processing theory applied to communication systems and simulation tools is required.
- Familiarity with TT&C transponders and other spacecraft sub-systems technology design and testing is also an asset.
- Fluent in the English language (spoken and written). Knowledge of another European language is an asset.
- NOTE: For candidates with less than 10 years experience, we need to provide the relevant academic transcripts to ESA in order to give a more complete candidate profile at the selection stage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 13 July 2018 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone, at email email@example.com quoting reference TEC-PLT-447 (RT-C/TEC-EST/00447).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before submitting them by 19 July 2018, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!