Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support within ESAC.
We are looking for a native Cloud Expert to lend onsite support at ESA/ESAC, located in Madrid, Spain.
For the tasks and activities the candidate shall;
- Analyse Cloud status and its standardization.
- Automate services configuration and deployment.
- Explore new automation methodologies.
- Present automation proof of concept.
- Define and implement automation architecture.
- Re-engineering of cloud architectures.
- Implement cloud architectures changes.
- Evaluate and implement use cases.
- Have previous experience with public cloud providers, AWS (Amazon Web Services) and or Google Cloud are preferred.
- Experience with private cloud deployment and maintenance.
- Experience with automated deployment technologies.
- Working knowledge and understanding of current Cloud Computing technologies, strategies solutions.
- Experience with dockers and docker orchestration (kubernetes).
- Experience with DevOps tools (Jira, Git/BitBucket, Confluence, Jenkins, Asible) and CI/CD automation.
- Experience with Spark.
- Experience with Jupyter notebooks.
- Experience with OpenStack.
Specific qualification requirements
- A University degree (Master) in Computer Science.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Knowledge and working experience in cloud engineering/architect/administration.
- Knowledge and working experience in microservices in cloud environments.
- Experience in IT automation, mainly with Ansible.
- Ideally the candidate shall have a broad experience, working in diverse companies with IT automation projects.
- A good level of written and spoken English and Spanish is desirable.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in Spain without the need to obtain a work visa. Only European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and SWISS citizens can be employed by Aurora in Spain.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- In line with ESA’s security requirements, prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident, and Aurora will validate your employment history.
It is expected that the work will be performed at the ESAC, the European Space Astronomy Centre at Villafranca del Castillo, near Madrid (Spain).
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- You will be registered for both social security and tax in Spain.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- In addition to public health services Aurora provides private medical insurance in Spain.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora can assist financially and provide recent experience information for relocation.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 25 April 2019, please send a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference SCO-SITU
Please read our Recruitment Process for ESA for more details.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them to ESA by 30 April 2019.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!