Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of SYS- Systems Technology and Concurrent Engineering.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
As part of the System team of Small Satellite or Cubesat project, the postholder will be responsible for the following tasks and activities:
- System Avionics, System Software and System Communication from early definition phase through to implementation phase and launch/operations phase.
- Maintain interfaces with the relevant Prime contractors or subsystem responsibles (industry/research institute) for the assigned projects.
- Support system and subsystem reviews of the assigned projects and ad hoc support.
- Follow up on technical issues arising on the assigned projects and participate in risk reduction activities.
- Help defining operations and support the in-orbit commissioning phase of the projects.
Specific qualification requirements
- MSc. in Aerospace Engineering or Computer Science.
- Expert knowledge of System and more specifically to avionics, software and communication subsystems through the complete lifecycle including mission design/operations, systems design & AIV, subsystem technologies/products.
- Knowledge of / experience in the practical application of tailored engineering/quality standards to Small Satellite, IOD missions and CubeSat projects would be an asset.
- Languages skills: Fluent English (written and spoken).
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 4 May 2018 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone, at email email@example.com quoting reference TEC-SYS-435.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 11 May 2018, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!