Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of ECO – Communication Education and Marketing.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Support the implementation of ESERO (European Space Education Resource Office) project and network for the primary and secondary education communities in ESA’s Member States, both from the STEM Education and project management points of view.
The tasks typically will include:
- Supporting the follow up of all ESERO contracts; in particular acting as one of ESA Education contact points for the ESERO Project Managers, following-up on STEM education deliverables (teacher training, classroom resources and activities, project awareness raising), reporting and invoicing related issues;
- Supporting the organization of progress meetings with each ESERO Office and related stakeholders/national partners, as well as providing support to the organization of annual workshops with all ESERO managers;
- Providing feedback to ESERO national operators on the suitability of ESERO deliverables from the point of view of their scientific/technical and educational accuracy and adequacy;
- Ensuring the proper transfer of ESA technical and scientific know-how, properly filtered for educational purposes, to the ESERO network; to this end, liaise with the ESA/ESERO Working Groups, and with ESA scientific and technical experts for fact and information finding and filtering; facilitating access to ESA experts when required;
- In accordance with the demand and opportunities identified by ESA and the ESEROs, proposing ways to make ESA educational content and activities accessible to education networks and providers;
- Supporting the evaluation of ESERO activities against Key Performance Indicators;
- Responding to the direct contacts and requests from education stakeholders, networks, projects and providers in ESA Member States and, when required, in EU Member States and/or beyond European level;
- Contributing to the promotion of ESERO activities through appropriate outreach channels within and outside ESA, and ensuring the compliance of ESERO activities with the outreach guidelines in force;
- Contribute to the outreach activities of the ESA Education office when required.
Specific qualification requirements
The candidate shall have experience of system engineering including:
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics);
- Experience in large scale education projects, possibly at European level;
- Active school-level STEM teaching and communication are an asset;
- Experience in international environments;
- Autonomy in the execution of tasks and ability to manage workload and identifying priorities; ability to cope with pressure, meet deadlines and deliver on time;
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another Member State language is an asset;
- Good communication skills, verbal (in public and during formal meetings) and written; ability to work in a team;
- Availability to travel.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 15 February 2019 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com quoting reference ECO-DG-53 (RT-C/DG-SES/00053).
Please read our Recruitment Process for ESA for more details.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 20 February 2019, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!