Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of SWC – Software & Control Systems.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The principal tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Support to the ESTEC GNC Section for the development of space transportation GNC systems. This comprises, flight vehicles ranging from Expandable Launchers, Reusable Launch Vehicles RLV’s as well as Ascenders and Landers for Exploration applications.
- Specific tasks address the multi disciplinary/physics and high-fidelity End to End vehicle dynamics modelling with implementation in 6DoF simulation environments (Matlab, Simulink, DSpace).
- The candidate must have a track record in the design of classical space transportation GNC systems including Thrust Vector Control/Attitude Control Systems.
- Mastering of advanced multivariable GNC design and verification approaches for the stability and performance robustness analysis is a prerequisite.
- Daily support and independent expert analyses shall be provided to the development of ongoing and future ascender and descender systems including micro-launchers, re-entry systems, re-usable VTVL Systems in atmospheric and orbital flight on current ESA Simulation and Verification Platforms.
- Specific GNC design tasks shall include detailed flight mechanics, environment, aero-dynamics, structures, propulsion, actuator and sensor system modelling.
- Perform system sizing, requirements capture, architecture conception, advanced GNC design as well as performance and SW validation analyses.
- Support shall be given to the conception of new Mission Vehicle and Flight Management (MVMS) Systems towards incremental Flight Autonomy.
- The MVMS architectures shall include Advanced Monitoring and Recofiguration Systems (FDIR) as well as state-of the art Flight SW based on Robust Adapatable Control & Real-Time Optimised Guidance Strategies. New efficient validation Advanced Analysis Tools must be mastered to drastically improve the the gaps and shortcomings of current validation approaches.
- Provide regular Technical Reporting of the GNC Design and Analsyis as well as contribute in the preparation and execution of project and technology studies reviews.
Specific qualification requirements
- Master degree in Aerospace engineering.
- Proven experience in the design, tuning, analysis and simulation of GNC systems in different project phases.
- Proven knowledge of modern control design methods, commercial model-based design tools (MATLAB).
- Experience with rapid-prototyping of hardware-in-the-loop systems.
- Ability to interface with industry.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 27 September 2019 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Gaynor Brown, at email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com quoting quoting reference TEC-SWC-572 (RT-C/TEC-SAG/00572).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 2 October 2019, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!