Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of PLT – RF Systems Payload and Technologies.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Support the Radio Navigation Systems & Technology Section (TEC-ESN) on the following specific tasks:
- Support to Navigation Projects (e.g. EGNOS and GALILEO) and R&D activities in the fields of safety-related Position-Navigation-Timing (PNT) applications including aspects related to PVT integrity and assurance (security).
- Participation in studies supporting current and future PNT systems definition and/or analysis for security and safety-related applications (e.g. regarding system architecture, ground processing and user segment technologies).
- Support to the activities relating to technology development, standardisation and working groups on PVT assurance and safety-related PNT applications.
- Design, definition and follow up of activities (including industrial
development contracts and procurements, laboratory and field trials)
related to GNSS testbeds and receivers, in the aforementioned areas
(safety-critical, PVT assurance);
- Support end-to-end GALILEO/EGNOS System Integration, Validation and Qualification activities (e.g. new system features, receivers) in the aforementioned areas.
Specific qualification requirements
- PhD or Master degree in Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in fields related to the intended activities.
- Background and experience in GNSS, in particular system and user
technologies for PVT integrity;
- Experience in design, performances and standardisation of PNT user segments technologies (GNSS receiver, signal processing and navigation algorithms, sensor fusion, etc.).
- Background or experience in at least one of the following is desirable:
- Wireless security;
- GNSS PVT assurance;
- wireless systems for safety-related applications;
- any of the following application domains and
their associated safety standards: railway, automotive, maritime.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
- NOTE: For candidates with less than 10 years experience, the relevant academic transcripts shall be provided.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 13 September 2019 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Gaynor Brown, at email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com quoting quoting reference TEC-PLT-566 (RT-C/TEC-ESN/00566).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 18 September 2019, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!