Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support within ESAC.
The post holder will support Euclid Science Operations.
Good testing is essential for smooth operations hence it is an integral and important part of the Space Operations Center (SOC) development. The SOC System Engineer shall support the System Testing Activities and the tasks generally include:
- Construct test, verification and validation plans and procedures for SOC systems/subsystems, for the SOC overall and for all interfaces to SOC.
- Organisation of Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs) & Test Review Boards (TRBs).
- Contribute to procedure writing and the implementation of those procedures.
- Test procedures and operate SOC test/integration systems.
- Test SOC systems for the daily processing.
- Test SOC systems for the generation of products to send to MOC.
- Test SOC interfaces.
- Coordinate Subsystem Test execution (in collaboration with all parties involved).
- Generate test reports and requirements coverage by testing.
- Maintain the overall test procedures and test logbook.
- Gather operational constraints for software running at SOC.
- Assist in automation of SOC procedures (nominally SOC will only be manned normal working hours).
- Provide general support for testing, particularly for End-to-End (E2E) and operational rehearsal campaigns.
- Report on activities including the gathering and presentation of test coverage summary statistics.
- Attending meetings/conference/workshops and make presentations as requested.
- Interact appropriately with and support the providers of all software SOC systems.
- Interact appropriately with the users of data products.
- Cooperate with other projects on testing matters [e.g. promote the exchange of information with other SGS].
- Support to SOC system integration activities, including the development of processes or tasks necessary for overall integration or operation.
- Generation of test data for test activities, in particular instrument data for Quick Look testing.
- Maintenance of test information in JIRA.
Specific qualification requirements
- A University degree or PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or in equivalent relevant fields.
- At least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Science and payload operations for space missions.
- Mission operations and interfaces to mission operations systems (such as SCOS-2000, Mission Information Base and EDDS).
- Handling common astronomical file formats e.g. FITS.
- A background in astronomy and experience with Python applications
with good broad knowledge of Python is beneficial.
- Strong experience with working with ESA Standards.
- A high level of written and spoken English is essential. Fluency in Spanish also desirable.
- Excellent organisation skills for projects execution and associated documentation.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in Spain without the need to obtain a work visa. Only European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and SWISS citizens can be employed by Aurora in Spain.
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- In line with ESA’s security requirements, prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident, and Aurora will validate your employment history.
It is expected that the work will be performed at the ESAC, the European Space Astronomy Centre at Villafranca del Castillo, near Madrid (Spain).
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- You will be registered for both social security and tax in Spain.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- In addition to public health services Aurora provides private medical insurance in Spain.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora can assist financially and provide recent experience information for relocation.
To be considered for this Position
Prior to 8 October 2019, please send a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Alex Jeanes at email email@example.com quoting reference SCO-174 (RT-S/SCI-ODE/00174).
Please read our Recruitment Process for ESA for more details.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting their detailed technical proposal to ESA by 14 October 2019, 13:00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!