Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC.
Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of Software & Control Systems Engineering (SWC).
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The contractor will be assigned to the Flight Software Systems Section of the Software Systems Division and shall function as an integrated team member of the development team, in charge of the following (initial) tasks:
- Development of Software Validation Facility components as well for the generic facilities as special project applications. This includes processor emulators, simulation of spacecraft systems and spacecraft dynamics.
- Support within customization of real-time operating systems for space applications.
- Maintenance and expert support tasks within the software development tool-set.
- Tasks within system evaluation, testing and performance characterization of telecommunication systems as networking via satellite or network management.
- Design, implementation and testing tasks for the Section’s technology program.
- Project support related to all technical aspects: development and
qualification of flight software.
- General Support to Software Validation Facilities and Avionics Test Bench infrastructure activities.
Specific qualification requirements
- A university degree (Msc) or equivalent qualification in Electronic Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- Experience in Software engineering and object-oriented programming.
- Knowledge of Space systems and Space System Engineering.
- Familiarity with modern software engineering methods and have hands on experience of software development and verification tools.
- Experience within ESA space programmes and applications using the space qualified microprocessors is an advantage.
- Experience with operational software development will be an advantage.
- Able to function as part of a team. Because of the operational nature of the support, a proactive and flexible attitude will be required.
- Proficient in the English Language (Spoken and Written).
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 15 May 2020 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Gaynor Brown, at email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com quoting reference TEC-SWC-600 (RT-C/TEC-SWF/00600).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 19 May 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!