Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC. Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of HRE- Human Spaceflight, Robotics and Exploration.
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
Support to the Exploration, Preparation and Research Technology Team with following tasks;
- Leading/supporting the implementation of ESA internal and industrial system definition studies at Phase 0/A/(B1) level, including associated payload and technology development activities, preparing future European activities and projects in the field of human and robotic exploration, addressing missions to Low Earth Orbit, Moon or Mars.
- Interfacing with study scientists and study science teams.
- Developing and maintaining key-driving requirements for future ESA development activities for exploration missions at mission, architecture, system and technology level in line with the HRE strategy.
- Monitoring international plans in the field of exploration and supporting, through interactions with international partners, the definition and analysis of future international exploration mission scenarios and associated technology requirements.
- Supporting activities organized by HRE in the field of exploration (workshops, round tables. etc.) and establishing/maintaining HRE databases related to Exploration activities.
- Contributing to the diffusion of the results of the performed activities and the transfer of knowledge across the Agency.
- Supporting HRE for other mission definition-related tasks, as required.
Specific qualification requirements
The candidate shall have experience of human and robotic exploration programmes as well as;
- Master’s degree or equivalent qualifications in physics or engineering.
- Strong analytical skills and a system-mindset.
- At least four years relevant experience working in planetary mission systems engineering is required. Experience of minimum 4 years in space missions systems engineering is desirable.
- Experience in mission analyses and trade-offs and/or electric propulsion mission design is considered an asset.
- Good analytical, organisational and reporting skills.
- Work experience in an international environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, autonomously and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary and international team.
- Ability to cope with pressure and deadlines.
- Proactive attitude to problem-solving and interest in innovative technologies.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of another ESA Member State language is an asset.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 25 October 2019 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com quoting reference HRE-69 (RT-C/HRE-XE-69).
Please read our Recruitment Process for ESA for more details.
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 30 October 2019, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!