Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC.
Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of System and Concurrent Engineering Section (SYS) in the Directorate of Technology, Engineering and Quality (TEC).
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The Technology Transfer Officer will be involved in the following activities:
- Assessing the technical key benefits of the technologies developed under ESA contracts and ESA patents, and how they could answer needs from other fields of applications.
- Build technology/know-how descriptions catalogue stemming out of ESA R&D activities.
- Build a network of space companies interested in technology transfer.
- Support the set-up and organization of call for proposals as well as the assessment of proposals for technology transfer feasibility studies, proof of concepts and demonstrators resulting from the TTPO ‘s activities. The Technology Transfer Officer will provide expertise for the evaluation of proposals, and support the follow-up of the contracts placed with industry.
- The Technology Transfer Officer will also actively contribute to other existing activities of the TTPO, in particular related to the technical support and the patents.
Specific qualification requirements
- As a minimum a Master degree in a relevant technical or scientific discipline.
- In addition, diplomas or experience in relevant areas such as technology transfer, technology assessment, commercialization, intellectual property (in particular patent rights, licensing and patenting process) are essential.
- Fluency in English.
- Motivation, initiative and ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience of working in ESA environment and similar public research organization is desirable.
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class E3.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 24 February 2020 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Tracey Longden, at email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference TEC-SYS-593 (RT-C/TEC-ST/00593).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 28 February 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!