Aurora is an established supplier of skilled manpower to ESA and in particular at ESTEC and ESAC.
Aurora has the opportunity to expand our support to ESA in the domain of Structures Materials Mechanisms and Thermal Engineering (SMT).
Happiness of our employees has proven key to obtaining excellent results and a client who also regards us highly for excellent service.
The principle tasks and responsibilities include:
- Support projects and external customers in the domain of thermal and mechanical experimental verification and environmental testing of small scale space equipment in facilities of the Mechanical Systems Laboratory (MSL). He/she will be involved in all activities related to preparation, execution, and evaluation and reporting under the direct supervision of the Head of the Laboratory.
- Support the development and the maintenance of the laboratory infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 17025 for operational work and shall support the definition and maintenance of working (maintenance) procedures for the laboratory facilities.
- Make regular progress reports.
- Provide adequate documentation, covering all tasks above.
Specific qualification requirements
- Bachelor degree in relevant technical discipline.
- Strong background in environmental testing and thermal verification.
- Proven experience in the area of testing with evidence of work in a laboratory and within a team of engineers and technicians.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 quality systems.
- Proven experience in the area of laboratory maintenance & calibration & data acquisition
- Proficient in the English Language (Spoken and Written).
Legal and Security Requirements
- All applicants must be legally allowed to work in The Netherlands
- Applicants are required to provide a copy of their passport and degree certificate. Aurora will validate the Degree with the issuing University and provide evidence to ESA.
- Prior to issuing a letter of employment the applicant shall provide to Aurora a recent official document declaring that they are of good conduct from the country where currently resident.
The work will be performed at the European Space Technology and Research Centre (ESTEC) at Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
- The selected candidate will receive good remuneration in line with ESA Job Class.
- Will be registered for both social security and tax in the Netherlands.
- The standard working hours are 40 per week. There are 12 public holidays and an additional 30 annual days holiday.
- Training to improve efficiency and provide strength for future career are of course included.
- Aurora assist with relocation both with support and financially.
- Aurora contributes to a company pension scheme.
To be considered for this Position
Provide prior to 12 May 2020 a summary of why you are a good candidate for the position together with a complete and detailed Candidate Proposal Form or CV and Motivation Letter to Mr. Davide Starnone and Ms. Gaynor Brown, at email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com quoting reference TEC-SMT-598 (RT-C/TEC-MTV/00598).
Aurora will agree conditional employment terms and conditions with candidates before presenting them by 14 May 2020, 13.00 hours.
If not directly interested, feel free to share by this Job Vacancy with your friends!